Government Degree College Rudraprayag was established by Government of Uttarakhand 01-07-2006 with Professional subject viz. BCA, BBA, B.T.S and Horticulture. This was the only college at that time which was opened by the Government of Uttarakhand to serve Professional courses facilities in such remote district. In 2008 faculty of Art and Science was approved. Department of Economics of this college established in the year 2016 is committed to impart quality based education to the students of the region. The Department also provides latest information and knowledge to its student to make their better citizens and to meet both national and global problems, not only in the field of economics but in all walks of life. Our objective is to generate talents of high profile through various academic programmes to serve the corporate world and government. In this Department now have one faculty member. Department serving Economics as subject at under-graduate. The college is affiliated with Sri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University, Badshahithaul Tehri Garhwal.
The vision of the department consists of exploring the economic study and analysis, policy framing and implementation issues faced by the Indian and global economy. The department thrives to reach standards of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy.
The mission of the department is to provide, through both teaching and research, a better understanding of the global, national and local economic issues that will face our society now and in the future. In this backdrop we aim:
- To provide our students with effective teaching and outstanding research techniques;
- To provide our students with appropriate analytical skills to lay the groundwork for lifelong learning;
- To instill the path of intellectual transformation among undergraduate and postgraduate;
- To make our students to understand microeconomic and macroeconomic concepts and their applications;
- To enable our students to become policy-literate and thus be more informed as citizens;
- To prepare our students for successful careers as applied economists, and
- To prepare our undergraduate students for postgraduate training in economics, law and business administration.