“The planet earth is built on biology and we facilitate continuous evolution through optimism and perseverance”
Brief about college:
This government degree College, an affiliated College of sridev suman University, is a co-educational institution and imparts in various subjects at undergraduate level.
It was a necessity – hundreds of students could not seek admission to the established colleges of Rudraprayag and the influx was on.
The College was established in the year 2006-07 with Professional Courses at Urban area of Rudraprayag in a three-room structure with three subjects in the BCA, BTS and BBA group and catered to the crying need of Higher professional needs by admitting all and sundry who could not procure a berth for himself or herself in the then degree college of Rudraprayag. That was the beginning of July 2006 and then there was no looking back. Presently the college has Professional Courses with Arts and Science streams with approximately 350 students. It caters to the aspirations and dreams of boys and girls of sub-urban areas of Rudraprayag.
About the Department:
This is a Graduate department with Sri Dev Suman University as its affiliating university. The establishment of the Zoology Department in 2021 was a commitment towards developing higher education in Rudraprayag as a Center of Learning. It has its niche in the Sangam of Alaknanda and Mandakini. A graduate program with 40 seats was established in 2022. There are currently 60 seats available in B.Sc. The University has sanctioned 60 seats in this program. Additionally, the college library has a collection of 70 reference books for graduate students
- The Department believes in imparting quality teaching and provide excellent logical and reasoning opportunities to the students in modern areas of genetics, physiology and environment, in order to develop them as competent human resources with highest degree of employability, skills and ethics.
- Our mission is to achieve academic excellence at par with the leading institutions while fulfilling our societal responsibility by way of generating awareness among theruralas well as urban populations about the latest advances in the field of biological sciences. We pledge to provide a safe and stimulating environment for the students to think out of the box and brain storm them through practical and field work to enjoy the process of learning.
Goals and Objectives:
- Student centric approach during academic activities, counselling as well as mentoring of students for competitive exams and other entrance exams for reputed Institutes
- Educational tour is organized for imparting real life experiences in order to broaden their ecological knowledge in subjects such as energy, landscapes, air, water, natural resources and wildlife.
- To create an environment for children with people having similar aspirations to be visionaries.
- To encourage students for conducting and attending workshops, seminars and conferences where they learn public facing and confidence to be a part of this competitive world.
- Practical knowledge and comprehensive training to enable them with adequate skills in scientific background.
- Create awareness about various genetic disorders and human disease prevailing in the society
- Timely completion of syllabi, exams etc
- Faculty members update themselves for contribution in teaching, learning and research so that they provide the current and best knowledge to students.
- Teach the students about the conservation of wild life and its resources, biodiversity etc.
- To provide balanced & comprehensive knowledge of the basic as well as applied sciences in order to achieve academic excellence through establishment & maintenance of highest standards in teaching & research.
- To generate skilled manpower capable of applying biological techniques to basic problems in biological sciences and seek new models of collaboration with other Institutes, Universities and Industries for manpower development, training, and contract research levels.
- To combine academics with a blend of innovation.